Friday

Home remedies for high blood pressure

I had great fun a few months ago in an old second hand book shop near to where I live.

I sat with a huge mug of coffee ( I know, I know - not good for the old BP is it ...) in the medical and health section of the store. I found two wonderful old mothers help type books from the 1940's and chuckled for hours at the stuff I found.

I now know how to make a bread poultice for back ache or a chest infection - and I also know that if you heat up salt in a saucepan and put it in an old sock it can make a good heat pad for a neck or shoulder strain.

Home remedies are great fun - particularly the old ones. But sad to say there was nothing in either book about home remedies for high blood pressure problems.

Guess we just need to stick to the diet, salt reduction and stuff.

Hey - maybe this site will become a source of the home remedies of the future.

You got any to share ? Leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment